Saturday, February 16, 2008

I lost my promise

At least that's what Mackenzie told me yesterday. She'd been asking me to paint her fingernails. I was in the middle of folding laundry so I told her I couldn't do it right then. She said I told her I would. She followed me into the bedroom telling me "You lost your promise." I knew what she meant, but I asked her to explain. She says, "It's when you say you're going to do something, but then you don't." ROFL I had to laugh.

In my defense what I did tell her I would do was put another tatoo on her cheek, not paint her fingernails. When I pointed that out she said, "Ahhh, that's what it was."

Another new Mackenzie word: Restaurnot

This lead to a whole discussion between Monte, myself, and Miles about the opposite of 'not'. Sometimes we have some strange conversations around here and it's fun now that Miles is old enough to participate.

No comments: