Creepy title, I know. This is a kit that allows you to grow Venus Fly Traps, Pitcher Plants, Cobra Plants, Sundew Plants & Trumpet Plants. The elementary school office has one on their front desk. Miles has been excitedly watching theirs grow. I told him that if he brought up his 2 poorest grades by the end of the year, we'd buy one and give it a try. His grades improved, so it arrived today!! We got it all set up. It takes up to 2-3 weeks to see seedlings for the Venus Fly Trap, which we were able to plant today. Some of the other types (I can't remember which) are usually dormant during the winter so we have to trick them for a few weeks by putting them in the refrigerator. The kit comes with everything you need. Of course we'll be watching it with anticipation of what's to come. As it grows, I'll be taking some pictures of it. Here's a link to the product:
http://www.dunecraft.com/products/carnivorouscreations.htm
This is one of our summer projects. We're also hoping to try butterflies. A friend of mine did it as a homeschooling project and it worked out quite well.
No comments:
Post a Comment