I am attempting to get back on the blog wagon. I know it's been 6 months, but I have no good excuse for my absence. Update on us:
Monte has been working for the Pella CSD as a bus driver. Now that school is winding down, that come to an end until the fall. Sorghum season will be upon us soon. So, assuming nothing else comes along, he'll be helping them with harvest again. He is also seriously suffering from Diverticulitis. Definition: Diverticulitis is the swelling of an abnormal pouch in the intestinal wall, usually found in the large intestine. He usually takes an antibiotic to combat it, but his attacks have been coming more frequently lately. It might be time to take a more aggressive approach.
Not to much to report on me. We moved the kids to the public school this year, so I've been busy getting to know the new teachers and volunteering for field trips and class parties. I too have been having problems with a recurring medical issue. I have 2 new ganglion cysts. I've had 3 in the past, all surgically removed. This time I'm having just one taken out, via a local anesthetic, on June 9. This one is on my right pointer finger, where the finger attaches to my hand. I've been doing some more quilting and sewing. I've finished 3 quilts and have 2 more tops ready to be quilted and finished. I've also made Mackenzie a few new summer dresses.
Miles is just about ready to finish the 5th grade. It's been a difficult year, but think we've got a handle on it and know how to better help him when he starts 6th grade. Miles is still our little scientist. I've been calling him our 'mad scientist'. He loves to take things apart and see how they work. I'll have to find some links to his recent creations. One thing he just discovered is how to make pop bottle rockets. He cuts a small hole in the lid, puts the end of the air compressor in the hole and shoots it up in the air. He's tried this with empty bottles as well as bottles with a little bit of water. It's nice on a very warm day. His summer is pretty low key. We decided after the rough school year, he'd enjoy some slower days. He is going to Michigan in July to stay with my Dad & Stepmom. He'll spend a week there.
Marcus is also getting ready to finish school. He is in the 3rd grade. He's spent the whole year doing 1/2 immersion in general education classroom. He's been very successful. He's completely master adding small numbers and reading as well. Things we honestly weren't sure he'd do. We definitely underestimated his ability to learn. His absolute favorite thing to do these days it to play Lego Star Wars on the Wii. He could do it for hours. He is going to camp again this summer, in July. He says he'll be lonely for us, but I know once he gets there and remembers what fun he had last year he'll be fine.
Mackenzie is just about finished with her first year in school, kindergarten. She is thriving. Her adjustment into the public school has been fantastic. She didn't hesitate a bit in her new class. She knew some of the kids from pre-school, so it wasn't a totally new experience for her. She is still our little drama queen. Loves to hang out with Miles, doing boy stuff in a dress. lol She can quite often be found riding her bike in a dress. But she also loves playing with girly things in her room, without the help of her brothers. :) Mackenzie is participating in a softball clinic this summer. I can see her totally being our sports enthusiast. She played soccer last fall and plans to do so again this year.
We recently adopted a new kitten. Actually he adopted us by showing up at my in-laws house. We named him Oscar. He is such a lover!! He loves to cuddle. As we speak, he is at the vet being neutered. It's the responsible thing to do, ya know. :) So we now have 4 cats, Charlie, Sarah, Brownie, and Oscar. Another member of our household is a guinea pig named Snowball. She's a nice little addition to our family too, quite a personality.
Ok, now that I've written a book I'll end. Watch for some new pictures of the kids and some videos of Miles' science projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment