Sunday, August 13, 2006

If you show it, He will come!!!

Kevin Costner that is. lol




























Friday afternoon we headed up to Dyersville, IA, where the movie Field of Dreams was filmed. Netflix.com has organized a roadshow of locations across the country, where big movies were filmed. Not all the locations were scheduled to have cast members on location, but this one had Kevin Costner!!!!! Not only did we see him, but he shook my hand!!!!!! (I'll never wash my hand again, J/K) He was less than a foot from me. He waved to the kids too. Monte had moved way to the back of the crowd, where he thought he'd get better pictures of him coming out of his motor home. We NEVER thought he'd walk right through the crowd shaking hands and signing autographs. We figured he'd be taken around the edge of the field, to get to the stage. So, Monte got pictures of him coming into the crowd, but not of me shaking his hand. He and his band sang for a little more than an hour, we stayed for just about all of it. Monte and I both agreed, we don't have to worry about him giving up his acting career. He can sing, but there were a few times we winced. Even with a stop in just about every town along the way for potty breaks, Marcus getting frantic because of too much stimulation, and it being 11:30 pm before we got home, we all had a great time!!! (there were times when I felt we were a 3 ring circus, lol) I'm so glad we decided to go!!

I'm going do a seperate post for this...with just pictures. I have a hard time figuring out how to make pictures show up where I want them, with text included. :)

No comments: